3.19.2006

Spring break part 1

I had spring break last week, although it wasn't much a vacation. I spent most of my time catching up in school and writing my outlines. I still think I won't have much to show for my efforts, but I do it anyways. Last weekend we checked out PB to shoot some pool. We found all the bars completely packed. Our pool hall was empty. Pool isn't as popular as binge drinking I guess. I felt really left out, like I always do in clubs/bars, etc, like I don't even belong in this country. This country's emphasis on drinking culture, further emphasized by the law profession's endorsement of these areas as places to "network" makes me feel like I've chosen the wrong field, and indeed, perhaps been born into the wrong country. But that wasn't the point of the weekend, the point was PB is packed Friday nights, and we sucked at pool.

I tried pool part 2 on Wednesday at a Korean pool place where they don't serve alcohol and the lady serves milk to regulars, and allows them to smoke under the "do not smoke sign." Boy did I suck. And I got ripped off twice, once at dinner (never go to places that don't print prices on their menu), and again at the pool hall when she added on 30min of play time that did not occur. But how can you argue w/old Korean women...