2.11.2007

Disneyland

My brothers, C and I went to Disneyland to celebrate my brothers' 24th birthdays. C hasn't visited since he was 14, my brothers went to Tokyo Disney two years a go, and I haven't visited for almost 20 years. Since then I've been brainwashed by the media into equating Disney with other corporate evils such as Walmart and McDonalds, but after this visit, I've had to rethink that view. Disney actually delivers a quality product. I know, I can't believe I said that. But their rides are intricately detailed, they have excellent crowd control (as compared to other places), the food decent (again, compared to other theme parks), and their themed zones were actually unique and distinct from each other. In particular, I liked the way Disney used fireworks to complement music, instead of just plastering on the lights as we do during 4th of July celebrations.

We managed to hit up all the major rides, with a combination of the fast pass system, relatively short lines, and the fact that we stayed until 10pm. My favorite ride was the Buzz Astro Blaster contribution from Pixar. You take this gun and shoot at aliens as you're funneled through this dark tunnel. It's just like Halo, but with Disney characters.



Inside smallworld! I love how their rides aren't real rollercoasters. Disabled women, crazy old asian men (yes we met one), everyone can ride and in my case, play with C's camera.



Traffic jam in autotopia. I really wanted to ram some of those little kids! C tried to take the car off the track; my brothers tried to 'drift.' Unsuccessful unfortunately. I think in that episode of Futurama where they take the cart out of moonland, they used a crowbar. We need one of those next time.



We sat through the Main Street parade, twice actually. In the afternoon and at night...the girls wear so much makeup!! I wonder if this is the starting point before Vegas..






Sleeping beauty's castle at night. Mainly to prove that I was actually there at night. Couldn't figure out the camera's night mode yet.