2.10.2008

Nice weather again

I went on a mini-hike yesterday, I found the most beautiful trail in the entire universe. Trailhead starts right in the middle of multimillion dollar homes, not the fake land rich ones but homes that actually look nice. The first 10 feet of the trail are also padded with a thick carpet of fragrant pine needles. Your view throughout the walk is the ocean, the lagoon, or other expensive homes. It's a different hike from my usual walk up and down the coastline, which in itself is also a scenic walk.

Went to the mall today. It's a shopping addiction afflicting 90% of women, but it's a socially acceptable addiction. You don't just go to the mall, you dress up, gather your friends, and you have a social outing at the mall while avoiding the creepy single men preying in the underwear aisle. I always forget these elements. Part of it can't be helped . . . my name brand purse doesn't have the name brand logo prominently displayed nor do my name brand jeans include fancy stitching in the back. Oh, and I don't wear false eyelashes. So I went where people like me belonged. I went into JC Penney. And my god that store is complete chaos. So then I thought, where else do poor people with poor sense of style but love glitter and glitz get clothes? Oh that's right, Old Navy. Well, their line was too long for me. I must admit I did venture into Macy's, but so did the rest of the city. So no new things for me. At least for another week.

Hopefully the beach next weekend. I saw a picture of someplace in New York where it's blowing snow. Sucks to be them.