10.27.2008

Chicago + No I'm Not Dead

No I'm not dead. Just not blogging as often. Still in San Diego.

Went to Chicago over the weekend. First time there, did all the touristy things in 1.5 days or so. Brought the crummy camera and didn't take very many pictures this time.

Proof of my existence - yet another picture of me + metallic animal.


Lake Michigan. Those people are strangers. This is the second Great Lake that I've seen, Erie being the first. And this is the second time I've been in the Midwest, aka Flyover Country. I like how they have a beach. Too bad it's freezing.


Same lake, different day, different angle. Beautiful isn't it? In between these two pictures, there was a rainstorm + long walk through the rainstorm in the dark without an umbrella.


Sue @ the Field Museum. This is the only dinosaur on display. They do own the bodies of three (3) man-eating tigers. They also painted a mural of Sue behind Sue. Not pictured: nearby soldier field! Also not pictured: how everyone has a smart phone and texts/constantly checks email on said smartphone, probably paid for by their companies. I have no such phone.



Cloudgate @ millenium park. It looks a bit like the trailer out of the Watchman where the bubble of doom creeps towards destroying the world.

And so that was Chicago. We also went to Lawry's in Chicago (as opposed to Beverly Hills) and decided that Zachary's pizza is far superior to their local chain.

Great American Cities Yet Unvisited That Are Not In The South Or Texas: Boston, Philadelphia.