3.30.2009

Santa Cruz & Moving

You know you're a suburbanite when the closest beach is 30min away.

Last month I went to Half Moon Bay. This is the exact spot where people take wedding photos, after getting married at the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay (or something similar). Oh ya the beach (cliff) is behind the photographer. It's cold and not accessible from here. I'm not sure people actually get married *on* this beach.


Yesterday, the first warm weekend of the year, I went to Santa Cruz. A people's beach. Yep, we've got beach bums, a boardwalk, even a cute downtown.

Separately I'm slowly moving into my new place. What follows are pictures from the master bedroom. I lay where the bed will be, looked around, and photographed. So instead of perfect formal photographs, I treat you to an exhibit of what I'll see every morning.

View out window, from the bed up into the backyard sky.

View across bed to closet door.


View to bathroom and way out. It's possible a dresser will occupy this wall.