4.19.2009

Someone Else's Wedding

My brother took some spectacular shots of my cousin Grace's wedding, which I stole for my blog. I brought the Flip camera, and learned it's hard to shoot good video.  Don't worry...I'll be my own videographer at my wedding.

Quick facts:  She got married @ Seagrove Park in Del Mar, CA (north of La Jolla) at 430pm on a beautiful day. Consquently, it was near impossible to find parking.  The reception was at the Pearl Chinese Cuisine restaurant, banquet style. Very nice restaurant w/a  Japanese garden outside. She'd already legally married her guy a year ago for immigration reasons.  

We stayed in Irvine...drove down for the wedding...then back to San Gabriel where another cousin picked Ikea furniture over her mother's furniture that's actually good. As a result, I'm going to fully furnish my place, minus dining table + sofa, for free. 

The mothers of the couple anxiously waiting.  The one on the right is my cousin's mom. 


Cousin + attendants. They made their own flowers!

Cake, strawberry on bottom, pineapple (yucky) in the middle. I literally sat this close to the cake. 


Me + the beach underneath.  Lots of people think we look alike, except she's shorter, older, and considerably sweeter.