10.07.2007

Anaheim Sucks

I was supposed to go to LA today, but I detoured into Anaheim instead. You see, you shouldn't rely on me as the driver because things just don't get done. Anyhow, what's there to see in Anaheim if you're a poor law school student? Downtown Disney!

Speaking of saving money, I visited the Grand Californian hotel. It's located in the heart of Downtown Disney with private entrances to the theme park. It's redwood tree-napa valley California themed, ultra fancy except filled with screaming children. I saved money because I took myself on a tour of the hotel, without paying for the $500/night hotel room. This may be the most expensive hotel lobby I've ever entered. Wait till Dubai...

(stolen picture)

Anaheim sucks because you can't do anything except go to Disneyland, and Disneyland's massively overpriced and geared towards the materialistic consumer, but unfortunately I grew up poor and I'm poor now and I'm going to be poor in the future so it's hard for me to justify eating here.

Also, they didn't want me. What's with 60min+ lines for dinner??? And ESPNZone wouldn't even let me in to watch tv! Full of sulking Angels fans. I had dinner at a chain restaurant outside of the park. Fitting for this trip.

One small positive: lego star wars. I downloaded the trial game on my xbox - it's surprisingly good, fun, and multiplayer oriented. Here's Lego darth vadar at the Lego store.