7.21.2008

Things I do during study breaks

At this point in the game, it's very difficult to study more than six hours a day. I get these terrible killer headaches and backaches and stomachaches. If I fail the test, it's going to be a direct result of the headaches, it's a physical negative reaction to practicing law. So I take a lot of study breaks now. More than before in May or June.

Sometimes I read the New York Times. But yesterday, I watched their video about poor people/foreclosed homes. I'm a sucker for those stories. Anyhow, in the video the lady said she had a super headache unlike any ever (sounds like mine every day), and then she had a stroke. And now she's losing her home.

Sometimes I cook. I made the Ratatouille Tart at the bottom of this SF gate article. I looked at their pictures and thought, gee they just have a bad set director and bad photographer, the recipe looks alright. Actually the tart is mediocre at best and I apologize to the photographer. I think whoever contributed the article and set up the pictures should be removed, because a store bought pie crust does not in any way mimic a tart crust. I don't believe the contributor is a regular either...but I could be wrong on this.

Today I read xkcd archives. And this one strip reminded me of myself and all the reasons why I shouldn't be a lawyer. They don't creative commons their stuff, its share for non-profit use.



Comic Con starts at the end of the week. Guess who doesn't get to go.