8.02.2008

Post bar

I spent 3 nights in downtown taking the bar exam. Suffered through an earthquake, bad-mediocre downtown food, and took a total of 18 hours of testing. And ya, I'm worried I failed, worried a lot. You can't help it because you think you did well on some things, but then so did everyone else. Most people fail by only a few points. But I had a good time there.

My friend and I shared a room at the Hard Rock, it's a new hotel that opened just a year ago, right across from Petco Park. Ultra hip and modern. Rates aren't so bad because Comic Con just happened, and the exam's in the middle of the week. Here's a shot of the bathroom.

My bed.


Post-bar, after worrying about failing, I made a salad nicoise. I don't even have a plate enough to contain it all. The green beans are under the tuna. The best salad nicoise I ever had was in the Roppongi district of Tokyo. In this one I used canned tuna and added butter lettuce, unlike the recipe. It's very simple but very time consuming.


For dinner, my usual meal of fish, veggies, and crazy good wild basmti rice. Dessert's on the right, apple crisp. It's apple pie for those of us who can't do crusts.


So I'm still worried about failing, most people I spoke with are absolutely confident they passed. I think I did better on the essays than everyone else, and did well on 1 of the two performance tests, but I'm sure I failed the MBE. And from what I've seen, you have to pass the MBE to pass the exam =( I may be back in February, alone...