9.04.2008

Victoria

From Banff, we drove to Kamloops. It's a town that looks a bit like Reno, desert based and overgrown + growing. Here's the thing with Kamloops...I've been there twice, once when my family went to Banff and again this trip. You don't get pictures in Kamloops. It's about 6-8hrs from civilization so you get there late, go to bed, and get up, and continue.

We also drove through Salmon Arm and then onto the ferry to Vancouver Island. I was unsuccessful in obtaining either Salmon Arm or Salmon King hockey jerseys.

I think we hit Victoria during a spell of rare good weather. This is C, a seaplane, and the sea.


Took a tour of the legislature building and had lunch in their govt subsidized cafeteria. I may have had fries several days in a row.

On display in the front is the giant golden mace of justice.
Victoria Harbor. We were so out of place in our hiking clothes. You can't get away from the masses here. For reference, the Fairmount Empress hotel is on the other side of the boardwalk.


I just had to include this picture. We stayed at an awesome golf resort hotel with C's starwood points. Now I don't know if golf can survive in a community that gets more rain than seattle, but they're investing very heavily in the resort + associated condos. And it was here that I had the best pasta ever...smoked salmon and caperberries.