8.12.2006

So I made it. I got on the plane, they didn't search me, they just asked me if I had any liquids. I got my assigned seat on Southwest, and it was the best seat I've ever gotten on a plane. Sad in a way, it's the closest I'll ever get to first class.

Grace is here too. Yesterday we went shopping at Valley Fair, where I got a skirt and a shirt. No one else bought anything. Today we went to Santa Cruz. It wasn't really hot, foggy. We checked out the botanical gardens where I held a stripped tabby, went to the pier, the beach, and then downtown. The ocean was packed with sardines today, you could see them, dense and thick. Everyone was catching fish, people, birds, sea lions. I bought a cat lunchbox. It's plastic, neon pink and blue, and has drawings of cats. I'm going to take it to work.

Tomorrow we're going to Mayflower for dim sum, and we're going to hang out with the super dense Chinese crowds. It'll be a China day. China days make everyone (grace, grandma, parents) happy, b/c they all understand each other. I'm kind of left out.

Monday....I go back to SD.