8.18.2007

My Summer Vacation

My summer vacation, the time between work and school, will last five (5) days. And it's five days because I don't have class this Monday.

What am I doing in those five days? Well, it happens that I left DC's hottest month for San Diego's hottest month, and like in DC, I have no air conditioning. Unlike DC, I can't take refuge indoors because most businesses don't have serious air conditioning for the two weeks of heat wave we get each year. Also, my car's air conditioning sucks because it's European.

So I'm not doing much. I stay indoors. I try to not think about school or how this moment right now marks the end of the height of my legal career (that's right, I peaked while in school). I try to not acquire items because I'm poor. I try to not eat to much because I can't exercise because I'm too cheap to spring for a gym membership and because it's too hot. Sadly, due to an overactive brain, I haven't accomplished any of those tasks very well.

For example, I've already acquired shoes I do not need, worried about school and employment, and made a batch of chicken marsala and mashed potatoes with (gasp) real butter and consumed it all while watching an Arrested Development marathon. That's right, I'm on season 2.

BUT I also made my DC collage.... Costco has a great deal on printing photos. They use Snapfish, but if you try to buy the same pictures on Snapfish's site, Snapfish charges a bunch more. And Costco gets it to you the next day. I had this great idea to plaster my bedroom wall with pictures of all the places I've been to, but then realized I got the idea from the US Holocaust Museum, and also, I'm not that artistic. It would look like some type of compartmentalized robot storage facility.

I also assembled my Muffy puzzle. I've got no way to mount this on the wall since my lease doesn't allow me to use nails. One day, I'll print it in giant size and frame the plasma tv with Muffy bookends.


I also got a plant. Actually this is 3 plants. And Muffy in the background. These plants only bloom once, and then die. I read they make babies though, so if that's true, well, you already know your Christmas present.