8.04.2007

Looking Backwards & Forward

One of my co-clerks called this the worst summer he ever had. I thought I had a great summer. I guess the only thing that could make it better, was if I was getting paid $3000/week. Then we could actually go to real restaurants, good parties, and have a life outside of work. In fact, everything that went wrong, from the broken AC to my failed happy hour plan came as a direct result of not working for a giant law firm. But that's not for everyone. Here the work was rewarding, I got along with everyone, and DC has free museums. And next summer will be the worst summer when I'm studying for the bar.

I summarized my summer in one picture:


And the things I dreamed about here:

BTW: I hiked a mile to the dunkin donuts this morning, mainly because I've emptied out my fridge already and because I hear about their wonderful coffee. It's really not that great. I think I should have stopped at one of the many overpriced organic coffee places on the way.

I leave tonight. Only the reality of the job search and impending bills await me at home.