2.04.2009

Ann Arbor Again

Assorted pictures from Winterland. More snow than I've ever seen. Including the Japan/Korea winter trip. I came back because I didn't think it snowed. Yes, it does snow.

Cat out on a "warm" day.


"Toured" the Univ of Michigan in weather cold enough to burn my face. Last time I saw the undergrad side. This time, collection of relevant grad schools in 10 minutes.

First the law quad. This is where future supreme court clerks reside.

School of business. Future investment bankers & ultrarich douchebags. C tells me those jobs don't exist any more. Well, he was right about the snow . . . but removing the bankers would destroy NYC. That's like terrorism.


Visited the mall in Troy, MI. Troy is a suburb of Detroit. It's where the rich people live. The mall has all your luxury brands, a Saks, Neiman Marcus, but people drive luxury American cars instead of European cars. It doesn't look like a recession.

P.F. Chang's is a top end restaurant. Right by the valet parking. Quality.


Snow & icicles at C's complex.


I also went to Meijer. It's like Walmart + Target rolled into one, with fresh produce too. Ann Arbor is about 500% more strip-mall like than you would imagine. And people aren't as excited by snow as you would expect.