3.10.2007

Checking In from Cornell

I'm back in Ithaca this weekend for a Cornell event. I've now been to upstate New York two weekends in a row, and three weekends in the last month. It's too bad admissions season is in the dead of winter. People here keep trying to sell me on the four-seasons thing, but when I'm only visiting in the season that is especially unpleasant it is a hard sell. No pictures for either of the last weekends - the respective admissions staffs kept us quite busy. Here are the captions of the pictures I would have taken however:

Rochester
Philadelphia Airport, 6 AM - looks like an airport.
Cinnabon!
The plane has propellers?!
Doubletree: The swankest hotel in Rochester.
Team looking worried
Team looking mad
Team looking nervous
More food!
Yes, the shuttles are limos.
What's de-icing?
You mean you lost my bags?

Cornell
Chicago Airport, 5AM - looks like an airport.
Syracuse Airport, Noon - looks like airport. But with WiFi.
My GPS told me that Cornell was here, but it was actually a snowfield 17 miles West of Cornell.
The web told me that this parking building was the place to park, but it was actually a 20 minute walk up a gorge to the B-school.
Yes, the student I stayed with actually owned a house.
Team looking worried
Team looking mad
Team looking nervous
More food!
Rochester has limos. Cornell has beer and their own bowling alley.