11.23.2008

My Foreclosure Story & OCD

You know what happens the day after you pass the bar exam? You realize that you still don't have a job. And you've now lost your only excuse. The economy is not an excuse for not getting a entry-lvl law jobs, only Asian parents wish this was true.

But I'm getting very good at telling my foreclosure story.

Furniture Buyer: So where are you moving?

Me: San Jose.

FB: (Look of horror). Well, I hear the jobs up there pay really well.

Me: I hope so because I can't get a job here, so I have to move back in with my parents.

FB: Oooh. (Awkward silence). (Looks around at the HDTV, the Nordstrom bag, the case of wine, the Kindle on the floor). How much does this apartment cost? Did you consider moving someplace smaller?

At least she bought my table.

To save myself from ridicule...only the Kindle is mine and that was a gift from my brother who's made more at age 25 than I'll make in my entire life. And ya, Kindles are awesome.

Probably adding on to why I can't get a job, I am socially retarded. You see, in times of economic distress, those of us with borderline OCD find comfort in restoring geometry and order to the universe. I created a Canada collage, mounted on pieces of moving boxes. This took me way longer and was much more comforting than going out with normal people.



And here, because I dont want to make a post just for this picture, is Old Mission Dam. Located in Mission Trails Regional Park, maybe just 4 miles from Qualcomm stadium, but very remote.