11.12.2008

Things I'll Never See Again

For some insane reason, I went to Julian over the weekend. Julian borders the Anze Borrego desert so with a storm coming, I thought I'd catch a desert flash flood. Like the awesome ones on the nature shows, complete with the fast-forwarding of the clouds. Sadly sometimes reality just isn't reflected on television.

For example, it did rain. But it was ice-rain. And I found no refuge in town, every city dweller in their best pair of Uggs and faux-Northface gear lined up out the door of every pie shop. And flood...only the road flooded. Not a good thing when you don't have an off road vehicle.

Here's Lake Cuyamaca @ 39 degrees. Colder than Chicago and Ann Arbor and all the places I've visited this year.



Oh and San Diego doesn't know this yet and San Diego wouldn't care, but I'm leaving. I still think it's a piece of paradise and those that live here are the luckiest people in the world. But they won't let me stay.

I used to commute to work on these freeways. Both of them at different points in time.