9.03.2007

Muffy's Hot

The heat wave I brought with me from DC never left. It only intensified. Today it's close to 100, high humidity, and people in LA lost power. Inside it's disgustingly hot and outside the roads and beaches are packed with overheated out of towners.

But Muffy seems to enjoy the heat. Kind of. She sits in the window against the morning sun.

But later, she likes to lie on the ground against the wall. I bought 2 granite tiles from Home Depot and put them in the fridge. I thought she would like to lie on its cooled surface. But she's scared of the tiles and no amount of smashing her body on the cold cold tiles will negate the fear.

So I did the next best thing. I washed her. She can cool evaporatively. Here's her in my tub pre-water. And that's my shampoo in the back, not hers. She uses a special cat shampoo that makes her smell "baby fresh."


And here's Muffy post-washing.