11.01.2007

San Francisco!

Last weekend I went to San Francisco to visit C! I stayed for less than 48hours. Did you know Southwest flies to SF now, and you get to go through all the BART stations you thought you'd never visit and never wanted to visit? That's right, I went through Colma!

We got Beard Papa's (there's 2 in the same block) and and ate at Straits (which, contrary to popular belief, sucked). Here's a shot of the Moscone Center, you can't see it but they've got an ice skating rink up there on the second floor!

We also walked up to see the Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill. See once upon a time, there was this homeless man, but he lived rent free (squatted) in SF in a super nice area, like the nicest area ever, and got free coffee at Cafe Trieste, because SF people are nice to homeless men. He spent every day for eight years chronicling the daily activities of this flock of wild parrots. Then he got kicked out of super nice apartment. Eventually, some lady read his book and made it into a film. Then she married him. Now that story makes you either want to live in SF, or run away as quickly as possible...


I forgot what this store sells...I think maybe C said it sold stolen goods from other countries (antiques). But at any rate, I like the sign. You know, it's trying to pull a Red Lobster. Red Lobster has the best sign in the world. No matter what language you speak, you can find Red Lobster because the sign is literally a red lobster. I'm not sure if this is sparkly griffin, glittery mystical animal...I think it actually sells Asian and African stolen goods so it may be scaly kirin.

On Sunday morning we got dim sum at this awesome place near the Ferry building. It was like fancy healthy dim sum served to non-asians. They converted one of the tripe carts you see in real dim sum places to a lettuce cup-maker, and I believe you could get mimosas with your food. I'd recommend it though, its good and safe. And not cheap.