4.08.2008

Assorted non-Michigan Cities

For some reason I had to go to Toledo. Toledo, Ohio. Yep, that's another state I never thought I would visit. Ever. But I did. It's got a fantastic museum. You see, some crazy super rich guy donated his entire crazy rich guy collection to the museum. He lived back in the days when crazy rich guys stole stuff from foreign countries and it was ok. So his museum, the main museum in Toledo, has the alterna-paintings by famous artists. Paintings of animals. Every painting had a dog in it. It's the kind of museum you'd expect in a has-been town. The kind of collection you'd expect would be owed by the nouveau rich.


The main street in Toledo between the museum and the glass museum across the street. Toledo used to be famous for its glass. Then people moved on...


Not Toledo .... but WINDSOR. You know where Windsor is right? I hope you do. Bowling for Columbine made it famous. It's where people don't lock their doors. They've got a Caesar's palace across the way. Working class town I guess.

Shot of a real real small town called Ypsilanti. Just here b/c its part of my collection of random towns. It's in Michigan. Small. East Michigan University (?) is located here. I ate here. These buildings will be converted into awesome condos worth about 100k in a few months.