7.07.2007

US Capitol!

It's the start of a heat wave, so I slapped on my sunscreen (rated by the NY Times to cause other forms of cancer) and headed off early. I walked over to the US Capitol to check it out. Couldn't get a tour because the tour groups had it all booked up though.

Here's the front. I tend to take really geometrically based picture, so you can't see the water fountain to the left of this shot that centers the building. It's not that great of a fountain anyway, it lacks a sculpture, probably because tourists are constantly standing in front of it posing for pictures. Human sculpture at its best.

If a picture could tell you what it feels like to step into my shoes, well it was kind of like this:


Out in front of the capitol sits the Ulysses Grant Memorial. He's surrounded by people fighting on chariots and muffy-lions. The Muffys look towards the Capitol:
Our warrior 18th president:

View down the mall. I put this in full size so you can see the folklife festival in full gear.