6.30.2007

Air & Space Museum

I didn't really see this museum for 2 reasons.
1) I'm not really into planes, wars, or planes associated with wars.
2) The Smithsonian decided to put the most popular items of the most popular museum (American History Museum) into the second most popular museum. Also, they decided to put the best Imax films and theme park like rides into the same museum. So, there were about a trillion people inside.

And every single person had one of those giant flashbulbs on each camera, and everyone had to use the flash bulb, so there was no direction to turn without being blinded. Oh and the american history exhibit had a line longer than the iphone buying line, and the bathroom had a huge line, and there was no place to go that didn't have a huge line. Except for the gift store which spanned two stories. So I spent most of my 1hr museum tour in the gift store.

Some rockets including Jupiter.

A trillion people.

Wright brothers plane. Note: this room had the largest concentration of children/flashbulbs.

Other things not posted: Sputnik, Apollo space craft pieces, prototype of the Hubble and Mars Rover, various war planes and missiles.

Unrelated...I told you I'd redo some of my shots. Oddly enough, the sculpture is now blue instead of red...