6.26.2007

My World - Dupont Circle (day)

I took a walk during lunch today, in 90 degree heat with high humidity, and happened to have my camera. Dupont's supposed to be the gay district/night life center in DC. It's full of bars, boutique stores and little cafes. I tried to capture it and the essence of DC in the day time at least.

Chipotle and Gazuza, the bar/lounge where we had happy hour once. I used to think DC had a complete lack of nightlife, so they had to glorify chipotle by attaching a bar to its roof. Of course I learned that's not true, but still, it's an odd image, fast food chain by day, ultra hip lounge by night.

The actual circle in Dupont; where the elderly, homeless, and tourists come out to "enjoy" the weather.

I walk by this display on the way to work every day. I tried to capture the fast paced ever changing nature of the area, in the reflections on the window.

And I eat here, at Cosi's, for lunch once a week. It's a sandwich and salad chain a bit like Panera but better that's taken over every corner in town. This is the one next to the KPMG building. I had to walk by two others (running errands) to arrive here.