6.23.2007

Monuments

If you recall, I visited the monuments last fall. I'm going to say it right here: the pictures from the fall are a lot better. And the monuments, in person, look better in the fall.

I really don't need to see them again, but today's supposedly the last nice day of the entire summer (80ish w/ no humidity), so I thought I needed to go see the monuments in case I suddenly regret not going later this summer.

Since I went before, I tried to take pictures from the same angles. They really weren't that effective, because 1) there's a trillion more people; 2) it's blindingly bright; and 3) the monuments seem more cared for in the off-season. I've also not posted any of those pictures =P

So...DC in the Summer! I put the pix in full size so you can see all the details, avoiding the walk yourself!

Lincoln Memorial: Millions of people.
Korean Memorial: The one angle I didn't get in the fall.

Vietnam memorial: Millions of people, higher angle than last time.

Washington Monument: Not overcast, straight forward angle.


WW2 Memorial: Pacific side rather than Atlantic.


Jefferson Memorial: I didn't go...it's kind of a walk...this is as close as I got. But really, all the commercial shots I see are from this angle, so I'm thinking no one actually goes up to the memorial.