6.06.2007

I work for a privacy place, so I can't divulge much in detail. It's a good experience so far, we get a lot of different speakers (as do all summer programs), in good positions of influence and power. It's hard to concentrate on exactly what they're saying so you can ask effective and intelligent questions.

But yesterday, I went to a reception for domestic violence at the library of congress. It's the first time I saw senators speak in person. I guess the aides call in ahead of time so the senator can come in, talk, and walk out while people applaud without interacting with the public. Senators and house representatives I mean.

And the food was good. If you've ever been to a law firm reception, well, the food was much better. It was main course food, that constantly good refilled, and a good open bar.

Today, I sat in on a press conference. Also first time I've seen a press conference live. We prepped a lot for it and organized who was going to answer which question, and people moderated and watched exactly which words they used.