6.19.2007

Detour - NYC Part III

We got dinner at Per Se. If after clicking on the link you have no idea what I'm talking about, well, that's probably better for the world. Anyhow, it's a nine course meal that includes a cheese dish, a chocolate dish, and you get to take home some macaroons. And they were really nice about substituting in a dish I couldn't eat, they just removed the oysters and reassembled a new dish with the remaining ingredients.

Here's a dark pic of the front of the restaurant. Our reservations were at 10pm, so this is around 1am.

I get really uncomfortable in fancy restaurants because I don't know what to do...but this guy didn't have that problem. We didn't get the same dishes, but that second oyster and caviar dish was the one they modified for me. We also had lamb and sea bream instead of the tuna and the veak, and melon sorbet and a chocolate mousse type thing instead of their desserts. Everyone there at 10pm looked vaguely foreign.

Afterwards we went looking for the entrance to Masa's which is on the same floor, but couldn't find it. I'd like to eat there one day when I'm super rich...

The next day I checked out the Natural History Museum. Saw the exhibit on mythical creatures. By far one of the best natural history museums ever, I'd rank it up there with the one in LA but even larger.

And then I took a 6hr bus ride back home...where today it's 95 degrees with 60% humidity.